Citizen of the Year
The City of Oak Point accepts applications for its annual Citizen of the Year award each October.
Honorees should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Devoted a significant amount of time and energy to the community beyond the scope of normal citizen responsibilities
- Faced and overcome a significant challenge
- Have made significant accomplishments within the community, whether past or present
- Provided an outstanding service that benefits the community, normally on a voluntary basis
- Provided a selfless service to a voluntary body or the community which brings distinction and quality to everyday life in Oak Point
Citizen of the Year Nomination Form
When submitting an application, please be sure to attach the required documentation.
Nominees are reviewed by a Selection Committee - comprised of the Mayor and Chairpersons from the Economic Development Corporation, Planning and Zoning Commission, and Parks and Recreation Commission - consider the quality, scale, and duration of the accomplishments or service provided by the nominees.
Past Citizens of the Year include:
- Moira Schilke (2020)
- Scott Dufford (2019)
- April Harpold (2018)
- Dena Meek (2015)
- Paul Fleischman (2013)
- Lee Ann Keener (2012)
- Leslie Maynard (2011)
- Midge Bahl (2010)
- Jim Wohletz (2009)
- Curtis Lacey (2008)
- Duane Olson (2007)