Household Hazardous Waste

Household Hazardous Waste Disposal

Denton County provides assistance with the disposal of household hazardous waste by participating in a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program coordinated through the Upper Trinity Regional Wastewater District. The Program allows Denton County residents to obtain vouchers from Denton County which are then presented with household hazardous waste at a collection event. Currently, the number of vouchers is limited and the vouchers are available on a first come-first serve basis.

More information regarding the collection events and vouchers can be obtained by contacting the Denton County Public Works Department at 940-349-3250 or by visiting the Denton County Public Works website.

  1. Waste Accepted
  2. Waste Not Accepted

Household Hazardous Waste Accepted

Household hazardous waste that is collected at events includes:

  • Acids
  • Aerosol cans
  • Antifreeze
  • Batteries (car and household)
  • Brake fluid
  • Craft chemicals
  • Degreasers
  • Drain cleaners
  • Fertilizers
  • Fluorescent lights
  • Fuel
  • Fungicides
  • Gasoline
  • Herbicides
  • Hobby chemicals
  • Household cleaners
  • Items containing mercury
  • Motor oil
  • Oil filters
  • Paint thinners
  • Paints
  • Pest strips
  • Pesticides
  • Pharmaceuticals
  • Photo chemicals
  • Pool chemicals
  • Solvents
  • Stains
  • Varnishes