Recyclable materials include:
- Glass - All colors of glass bottles can be recycled. Please rinse containers and discard lids. No plate glass, ceramic or mirrors are accepted.
- Junk Mail, Cardboard, and Mixed Household Paper - Place all junk mail, envelopes, cereal boxes, cardboard, chipboard and any other household paper product inside your bin. No tissues, wet paper or paper contaminated with food products are accepted. All cardboard must be broken down to a size that will fit inside your recycle bin.
- Metal - All tin and aluminum food and beverage cans can be recycled. It’s not necessary to remove the label, but please remove the lids and rinse food waste from the cans. Aluminum foil is not accepted.
- Newspapers, Magazines, and Catalogs - Newspapers, catalogs and magazines can all be recycled in your recycle bin. Do not bundle newspaper or place in bags.
- Plastics - Number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 plastics (milk jugs, liter bottles, shampoo bottles, etc.) can be recycled. Please remove all caps. No butter tubs or containers with openings as large as the container or plastic bottles that have contained oil or petroleum by-products are accepted.
Materials that are not recyclable include:
- Batteries of any kind
- Bubble wrap
- Food-soiled paper products or pizza boxes
- Hardback books
- Household hazardous waste and toxic containers
- Kitchen waste
- Motor oil bottles
- Plastic bags
- Plastic takeout containers and utensils
- Waxed cartons
- Window glass
- Yard waste